These are the resources in a list form that are currently (8/10/2020) available to Rubin Observatory developers.
Machines: (includes VM and Baremetal)¶
- lsst-login - login nodes, “jump” host to get into the NCSA’s Rubin Observatory infrasturcture environment
- lsst-devl - interactive developement and submit nodes
- lsst-web - web services machine
- VM server machines - running VMware vSphere software. (@ NCSA 3003, NCSA NPCF)
- virtual machines for numberous development environments
- databackbone test beds, container type test beds, demo type machines, monitoring machines
- lsst-demo - VM for demos and docker image needs
- ATS gateway - VM
- DAQ - camera simulator systems
- L1 test stand - collection of machines for simulating and testing the camera software
- ATS archiver - Auxiliary Telecope Archiver system
- Slurm Batch cluster - 48 compute nodes for processing DRP and other compute needs
- Kubernetes (K8s) - 20 compute nodes for containers
- Oracle Rac - 6 nodes for the consolidated DB
- PDAC - 35 compute nodes for QSERV and SUI systems
- Backup - machines dedicated for data movement to and from DR
- Xcat and Puppet configuration management machines
- DTN nodes - data transfer nodes, 2 compute nodes
- Monitor DB node and other infrastucture machines (influxDB, loghost…)
- identity.lsst.org - reset and password machine
- network emulator - latency injection environment for simulating the roundtrip to Chile and back in networks.
- Bro cluster - networking scanning software/hardware (Chile Base)
- NCSA provided shared resources :
- -Jira, LDAP (ncsa3003, ncsanpcf, Chile base, chile summit), kerberos, IDM, Qualys scans for security, Nearline tape, and Firewall systems, Bro clusters (network scanning security)
Filesystems - in GPFS (4.9PB of storage)¶
/datasets- Long term storage of project-approved shared data, primarily precursor and simulated datasets. Contains immutable data. This is under a disaster recovery policy that every 30 days it is stored and written to nearline tape.
/lsstdata- Long term storage of Rubin Observatory project data, including production, engineering, and test stand datasets. Contains immutable data. This is under a disaster recovery policy.
/home- Storage of individual-user data. This data is backed up on a daily basis and ncsa retains 30 days of those backups in a snapshot. It does have quotas on this file system for 1TB for each “directory”, and a 1 million INODE quota.
/software- Central location for maintenance of project-shared software installations that require access from multiple resources. (ie batch, Nebula).
/sui- Shared storage for ephemeral data for the purpose of supporting SUI/T in the PDAC enclave. This file system has no backups or purging.
/scratch- Ephemeral big-data storage for use in computation and other project-related activities. This is not backed up. This file system is purged. Every 30 days a purge policy deleteing files over 180 days.
/project- Long term big-data storage for use in computation and other project-related activities. This is backed up with 7 days of snapshots. This file system is not subject to purge.