LSST DM Developer Guide¶
LSST Data Management (DM) is building the software that will enable scientific discovery with the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST). LSST will collect over 50 PB of raw data, resulting in over 30 trillion observations of 40 billion astronomical sources.
All LSST DM code is open source and available on GitHub. Our LSST Science Pipelines will implement the core image processing and data analysis algorithms needed to process optical survey imaging data at low latency and unprecedented scale and accuracy. Qserv is a distributed, shared-nothing SQL database query system to efficiently store, query, and analyze catalogs running into trillions of rows and petabytes of data the LSST will generate. Firefly, and other tools, will enable astronomers to query, download, visualize, and analyze LSST data.
This Guide will help you in contributing to the DM development effort.
- Team Culture and Conduct Standards
- DM Development Workflow with Git, GitHub, JIRA and Jenkins
- Discussion and Decision Making Process (RFC, RFD)
- Transferring Code Between Packages
- Project Planning for Software Development
- JIRA Agile Usage
- Policy on DM Wiki Use
- Attending and Presenting at Conferences
- Publishing Papers and Proceedings