JIRA Agile Usage
- Cycles (aka Releases) occur every 6 months.
- Sprints are monthly, fixed timeframes.
- Epics are higher-level features or capabilities that are to be delivered in a
cycle. Epic names should be of the form “Area Short Description” (e.g.
Database qserv refactor)
- Stories describe concrete, demonstrable features to be delivered in a single
- Story points are to be assigned at 2 story points per full-time day of an
- Stories and story points should not be changed once work on a story has